- Improved performance of certain Apple Dashboard widgets (such as Dictionary)
- AirPort 802.1X improvements as well as connection reliability and stability
- Updated Stacks with a List view option, a Folder view option, and an updated background for Grid view in Dock
- Back to my Mac adds support for more third-party routers
- Addressed legibility issues with the menu bar with an option to turn off transparency in Desktop & Screen Saver
- Addresses stability issues related to .Mac syncing of iCal calendars
- Improved stability and performance during log in
nVidia Promises PhysX on Your Next Graphics Card. This is shortly after the buyout of Ageia, developer of the first graphics card powered with a physics chip to greatly increase gaming performance. Speculation can be that physics support shall be the highlight of the GeForce 9 series.
Microsoft has released a complete list of fixes accompanying Vista Service Pack 1, totaling over 500 changes. Download the 55 page PDF explaining all present changes and fixes directly from Microsoft here. Microsoft has once again confirmed that Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) will not be available to the general public any sooner than mid-March.
Valve has released a Beta Steam Client which has a range of improvements and fixes, including improved download speeds and faster launch times. If you want to try this new client, start Steam and under the File>Settings menu go to the Account tab and click the Change button under Beta participation, then select ‘Steam Client Candidate’ and restart Steam.
Mozilla Firefox version 188.8.131.52 is released. Changes include security and stability issues.
With a slowing halt in game releases and development outlook for 2008, many developers have unveiled the following projects:
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3 (?), Star Wars MMO Project (BioWare / LucasArts)
- Red Alert 3, Medal of Honor (EA)
- Burnout, Black (Criterion)
- Need for Speed, Skate (Black Box)
- Lord of the Rings title (Pandemic)